Music Banter - View Single Post - Wpnfire? Who's Wpnfire?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #47 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

And for Wpnfire's 1000th post...

I am not a guy that listens to full albums, but once I play this album, it is hard for me to stop playing it, let alone simply pause it. I have few complaints with Born to Run, none of which are serious. I do not at all care for the first minute of "She's the One", but as it progresses and Bruce comes in with the guitar, we return to 4-star, then 5-star perfection with the second half of the song. "Thunder Road," "Born To Run," and "Backstreets" are some of Springsteens' most notable anthems, but the last two tracks are the highlights from this album for me.

"Meeting Across the River" is easily my favorite song from this album, and it could very well be Springsteen's most passionate performance ever in my book. The continuation into "Jungleland" is one of my favorite track orderings ever. "Jungleland" contains my favorite solo ever, by far, played by Clarence Clemmons, it is my favorite ending track of any album I have listened to, and the short violin introduction to the song is my favorite intro to a song ever. The album could not end any better than with those two tracks.
Overall rating: There is no doubt in my mind with this. 5/5 for Born To Run.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote