Music Banter - View Single Post - Turns out modern pop music does really suck!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I meant writing you own music as in writing a musical composition, you know, something as simple as knowing how to compose a song around a musical scale. I'm not looking for anything enlightening when I listen to pop music other than a good beat....but your right, they are writing their own lyrics oh yes...yes ..yes they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Justin Timberlake
Sam Smith
Rihanna
Ariana Grande
Pharrell Williams
Dizzee Rascal
Bruno Mars
Adele
Jessie J
Carly Rae Jepsen
Avicii
Miley Cyrus
Naughty Boy
John Newman

Cliff Richard
Wings
John Travolta & Olivia Newton John
Rod Stewart
Roy Orbison
Engelbert Humperdinck
Tom Jones
Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
Elvis Presley
The Everly Brothers
Gary Glitter
Leo Sayer

I know which list of chart toppers I am siding with.

Me to..

Michael Jackson
The Police
Duran Duran
U2
Depeche Mode
Men At Work
Billy Idol
Def leppard
Prince
Cyndi Lauper
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Donna Summer
Blondie

I did say there had been a turn around in pop music, and Pharrell Williams is awesome! and to my knowledge he actually wrote "Happy"!!!

but I am glad you brought up Rihanna because she is one of those artists who constantly relies on sampling as a result of her inability to write her own music. For this song she sampled Soft Cell's tainted love for her beat

Which was originally done fabulously by Gloria Jones in the 60's

Covered by Soft Cell who were actually able to play their own instruments when they covered it in the 80's.

and now the modern pop version of sampled music with people who cannot play instruments, so rely on a dj mixing, with the ole so "wonderful" Pussycat Dolls.

This is not an anti pop argument, this is an argument supported by scientific evidence that modern pop music has been in a creative and compositional decline, until of late.

But if you would rather support crappy artists that rely on sampling than their own talent, than Goofle, by all means go ahead, I guess the rest of us will have to suffer.