Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Awards 2014: Phase 2 - Nominations
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Best Avatar: Frownland's have been very consistent this year, and Janszoon is always good
Best Signature:
Sexiest Member (female): None of them post anymore
Sexiest Member (male): n/a
Howard The Duck Memorial Award for Most Inane Member: Briks, mainly due to the 'What Do You Think Of The User Above You? thread. If someone posted in that thread, it was Briks 90% of the time. Respect.
Biggest Fanboy of the Year: Frownland, for Frownland
Biggest Fangirl of the Year: ladyislingering for Marc Bolan is a very good shout
Best Writer: Lisnaholic, Anteater and Janszoon all regularly blow me away
Nicest member: Ki is an incredibly nice dude, as is Mojo
Smartest poster: If tore or duga posted more they'd be serious contenders, in our current state gotta be Janszoon
Funniest member: I don't find many of his posts funny but you have to give it to The Batlord for persistence, it's getting cliché by this point but Urban makes me laugh the most
Angriest Member: YorkeDaddy
Best Mediator:
Best Site Contributor: Trollheart posts a lot of ****e, but it is a lot of ****e
Biggest Music Contributor: bob. is the only member that I would instantly jump on a recommendation from, Ninetales also posts a lot of great quality lesser known stuff
Best Media Forum Contributor: Exo. Who else? I tend to avoid talking about films on here because that's my life outside of this website, but I make an effort to read his thoughts.
Best Plugger (plug.dj): I don't use plug.
Best Taste in Music: bob. and Goofle come closest to mine
Most Improved Member: Black Francis is alright these days
Most Underrated Poster: GravitySlips is terrific and should post more, Lisnaholic is by far one of the best posters here and because they're not heavily inane they get little attention, big fan of sidewinder for the same reasons
Best Thread Starter: hatepaperdoll had a good run, RIP
Most Missed Poster: I nominate him every year but he was an absolute bae yes sir it is UnchainedBallad (although to mention him is to mention many others, literally none of the first friends I made on here still post, yet I remain a survivor), but considering they're mods duga and Freebase Dali are absent far too much considering how cool they both are
Most Diverse Music Taste: too many to mention
Most Mainstream Music Taste: Goofle and I love him for it
Thread of the Year: 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition by far, needs a bump actually
Moderator of the Year: This one is hard to judge as we don't know what happens behind the scenes, although only four of them post these days and that's all I will say. Yac posts more than half of them.
Journal of the Year: Time & Place or The Anthill 2.0
New Journal of the Year (created in 2014, any journals started in 2013 don't count): Cannot for the life of me think of any that started this year
Best New Member 2014: Hard to call. Would have been hatepaperdoll had she stuck around, now it's gotta be Chula Vista
Member of the Year 2014: I'm going to give this to Goofle
Biggest Lounge Lizard: The Batlord
Vitruoso of the Year: Frownland, has he mentioned he makes music? Talented guy though, seriously
Lifetime Achievement Award: Janszoon has been truly impeccable this year, look forward to every post of his and he's been around long enough that he really deserves the praise