Music Banter - View Single Post - Icon vs Legend (subjective or objective terms?) Which one is more enduring?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
I disagree.

You don't become Iconic "through time". You become Iconic by doing Iconic things, making Iconic music, having Iconic moments etc

But I am interested to know why you think this being she has not produced one Iconic song, Iconic album, or moment in pop culture that has been groundbreaking from generations to come. Her music is disposable as well as her image/performances (bootleg Tina Turner)

She is overrated and pure hype

But I am interested in hearing your opinion.
I do think she is quite overrated but she is iconic. Her image and her music has inspired countless young girls into feminism. The way her persona has been created is an art in itself almost. Her music videos and live performances have led her to be one of the most powerful and strongest women in the world right now. That iconic image certainly shines through in her music too.
And to boot she's got some great songs. I firmly believe songs like Crazy In Love and especially Countdown are iconic and will one day be legendary.
James is offline   Reply With Quote