Music Banter - View Single Post - How about Asian cinema?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Ghost in the Shell
Easily my favorite animated film, the Ghost in the Shell franchise is an unparalleled dive into techno-capitalism, evolution, the nature of consciousness, the nature of information & intelligence, cyber-security, telecommunications politics, cyberization, techno-poverty, globalism & digital economics, the evolution of food and drugs, and nearly any other subject regarding the evolution of a technological civilization that you can possibly imagine. The original film is fantastic in both English and Japanese, the sequels are almost equally as enjoyable, and the episodic series is massively ambitious and thoroughly enjoyable start to finish. Absolutely essential viewing for anyone fascinated by the evolution of our species & technology.

And I'm a real sucker for Japanese cyberpunk films.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man
Legendary exercise in style and atmosphere. Extremely abrasive, dark, loud, obnoxious, cold, alienating, and relentlessly absurd. A soundtrack designed to get under your skin and shift around like a terrible itch, unsettling stop motion animation, and countless scenes of unsettling metal fetishism.

Rubber's Lover
Psychologically jarring, confusing, and surreal. An oftentimes repulsive mixture of cyberpunk, science fiction, technophilia, and primal claustrophobic horror.

964 Pinocchio
Sickening love story between an escaped lobotomized cyborg sex slave and a psychopathic homeless girl with no memory. Relentlessly disgusting, dark, unsettling, and uncomfortably comedic.

There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote