Music Banter - View Single Post - The Scrap Heap
Thread: The Scrap Heap
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
Pet_Sounds
Remember the underscore

Pet_Loots…

…some of his family's old CDs, in search of some catchy stuff to listen to. Hmm… this one looks pretty good….

It's called Unchained Melodies, a greatest hit collection by the Righteous Brothers. The tracks aren't in any chronological order, so I'm popping it in on random.

Nothing deep here, but there are certainly some musical gems, including Unchained Melody, You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin, and Rock and Roll Heaven, which pays tribute to departed stars, including Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Croce, Otis Redding, Bobby Darin, and one of my musical heroes, Jim Morrison.

The voices of Bobby Hatfield and Bill Medley, much like those of Simon and Garfunkel, seem positively meant for each other. Definitely some uber-cheesy moments, such as the spoken-word interlude on (You're My) Soul and Inspiration, but much like my Four Seasons album, this is one I'll put on when I need some simple, feel-good music.

Much like Kevin Parker, I'm still a fool for silly love songs behind the complex, abstract psychedelic mask.