Music Banter - View Single Post - dmx appreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Default dmx appreciation thread

things i like about dmx:

every album has him sinning like a mother****er all over it, usually he ends up making a pact with the devil, and yet he always ends it off by finding redemption through jesus. yet even when he talks to god he is basically honest about what an amoral piece of **** he really is. i can really respect that.

his obsession with dogs seems to grow album by album. he begins to make analogies to dogs as righteous and brave men and cats as backstabbing pussy-ass bitches. he begins to call anyone he likes a dog and anyone he disrespects a cat. i think his "black album" should have consisted of 75 minutes or so of grimy east coast beats with dmx barking in the background.

his personality as represented by the news stories he occasionally pops up in perfectly reflect his psychopathic mentality in his rap lyrics. you never have to worry about dmx being a "fake" rapper because he doesn't try to hold up the drug lord persona. he raps about being ****ed up in the head and then low and behold a couple years later you read about him being arrested for impersonating an officer and harassing a motorist for basically driving too slow in front of him on his way to the airport.

so here's to dmx, a thoroughly talented and entertaining individual.

John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote