Music Banter - View Single Post - Zella Day
Thread: Zella Day
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Default Zella Day

Not sure why I've never heard of this cute artist, but I have to say I'm totally head over heels. From what I have heard so far, she is very, very, very interesting. Maybe she's still kind of under the radar since she doesn't even have a wikipedia article yet?

So far she is reminding me of something like a dark mix of Katy Perry and Lana del Rey? I don't think she belongs in the pop section of the forum but maybe she's not a perfect fit in electronica, either. Give her a listen and tell me what you think:

This is her most recently released track, VERY catchy and very much stuck in my head. My first experience with it was through this Vanic remix, however:

I still really like and possibly prefer the Vanic version. It's also way more popular on youtube right now. Awesome.

This is an older song of hers but just as intriguing

Has anyone else seen or heard her stuff? Would like to know why she hasn't reach the level of fame I would expect. Maybe she's too vague/similar to other performers who have broken through in this genre? For those who want more, here's a quick link to her tumblr.

Enjoy xx
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote