Music Banter - View Single Post - Sidewinder's Top 10 Albums from Every Year (1965-)
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #51 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

This list is kind of funny because it's one that contains a lot of albums i really loved at the time (or within a couple years) and still do, but at the same time I haven't discovered many amazing albums in the last few decades to take the place of these (exceptions: Pixies, Sonic Youth). There are many things I still want to check out, and many other good albums from the year I already know, but these classics haven't been replaced. The Descendents were actually a 1992 discovery, and an album I would put on my "formative albums" list. A close friend at the time found the tape in our high school parking lot, and we stuck it in the tape deck of my mom's car that we used to drive around it. We instantly fell in love with the raw energy and fun of the tape. They've been a favorite since and it's all thanks to this live tape. I still like some of the live versions from here better than the studio ones.

1. Pixies - Surfer Rosa
2. Jane’s Addition - Nothing’s Shocking
3. Skinny Puppy - VIVIsect VI
4. Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey
5. Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
6. Descendents - Hallraker: Live!
7. Metallica - …And Justice for All
8. Danzig - Danzig
9. Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can’t Even Smile Today
10. My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - I See Good Spirits and I See Bad Spirits

Last edited by sidewinder; 11-19-2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: I included the wrong artwork for Jane's Addiction.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote