Music Banter - View Single Post - MF DOOM or Aesop Rock
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #129 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

I enjoy mainstream hiphop in the appropriate setting (bars/clubs, where they go with the atmosphere and make good background noise). TBH, since I joined MB I think I've become much more receptive to music I would have automatically shunned in the past. I might start to listen to it by choice eventually.

I hate the way JayZ sounds, just like I hate the way MF Doom sounds. It's simply a taste thing, and his **** now is blah compared to Dead Presidents. I actually disliked Nas for a long time also, not everything that is intelligent or clever is gonna appeal to my ear, just like I like some stuff that is stupid or for fun(Mac lethal, Watsky) I enjoy.

I'm open minded, and give almost anything a chance but I generally just do not appreciate the lyrics of mainstream rap. I never said it wasn't catchy, it just pales in comparison to what I think rap should/could be. For instance, I heard some song on the radio yesterday (I forget who it was) but they said "I got a trilogy, thats three stories" or something to the effect. I thought that was pretty clever for a radio jam.

Also, I listen to Rhianna, Nicki, Adele, One Republic, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheron, and countless other mainstream artists. I just don't really like mainstream HipPop or whatever you want to call it. I like my rap 80s/90s style or some underground indie stuff. If you were ever in plug, you'd hear all the kinds of artists I listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 11-14-2014 at 10:24 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote