Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 11:48 PM   #555 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
What a grab for money from these guys...

It will excite a lot of people, evidence by how you reacted to the news. But for me though, this just looks like a grab for money. They're still one of the biggest bands in the world, so not too sure why they'd need more money. I don't know, I could be wrong. But I see no reasons to remaster those albums.

Come on Metallica, people want an album, not remasters of old albums. I don't really care either way, as I don't really consider myself a fan anymore. But people have been waiting for new material for some time now. Haha, these guys work like snails on new stuff...new album, coming at you in 2018 and will likely sound like it was recorded in a big ass garbage can.
Oh sorry. When I said I was psyched, I was thinking ahead with this news. Here is my though process with this. The first thing is that Kill Em All could in all honesty benefit from a remaster. It is not the highest quality record they made. The next thing is that, Master of Puppets is their defining album next to their self-titled, so they are pretty much guaranteed to remaster that, and if they do that there is nothing stopping them from remastering the only album in Metallica's discography that deserves to be at least remastered, and that is ...And Justice For All.

Of course, they will probably end up releasing Master of Puppets, ...And Justice, and their s/t together, as a box set that will cost $11209247039187 because those are their most popular albums.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote