Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #563 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't know if I'd finish it, but I'd probably listen to St. Anger over any of Megadeth's post-Cryptic Writings albums. Ever since they "returned to metal", Dave Mustaine has been going through the motions and been putting out soulless crap that he obviously doesn't give a **** about. I'm pretty sure if he had his way he'd still be putting out embarrassing Risk-style pop rock. I'm pretty sure the last Megadeth song I actually cared about was "Die Dead Enough" off The System Has Failed, which could totally have been off Risk. I mean, if he's gonna be putting out ****ty music, he could at least put out ****ty music that he cares about. At least then there's an outside chance I might actually like a few of his songs.

But at least Metallica were trying to do something they wanted to do with St. Anger. For all the ****ty production (seriously, if they just wanted ****ty production they should have just spent less money on the production), the ****ty lyrics, the ****ty singing, and the lack of editing on the songs, deep down is a pretty cool alt-metal album.

Edit: And I don't really care about the production on most of their other albums, but leave my Kill 'Em All the **** alone!
Haha, well, fair enough I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Silence Bush fan! You know not of what you speak. To be metal you must be hipster...it is the way of things.
Spoiler for Case-and-point:

EDIT: Wow, I forgot how thrashing good Slaughter Lord is.
Aren't most hipsters mindless trend followers that hop on whatever is 'in' at the time to fit in? I want no part of that haha.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote