Music Banter - View Single Post - Pink Floyd "Endless River"
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Brave newcomer, Floydy, who goes against the flow with your enthusiasm for this album! but yes, MB is a great place for swapping views - in fact we rather thrive on contrary opinions, so I hope you stick around.

Perhaps I´m not doing the album full justice, as I´ve only heard six minutes of It´s what we do, but I´m already overwhelmed with a soporific sense of deja vu. What sad irony that a band which was once a by-word for innovative music has chosen to lock itself into such a depressingly retro style.

(My apologies if I dent in any way your own perfectly valid enthusiasm, Floydy. Enjoy what your heart tells you to, and don´t worry about tedious wet blankets on the internet, ok?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I gave it a listen a few days ago, should probably give it another. Overall I felt that the album wasn't cohesive or set up right. It sounded inconsistent and lost in translation to me. There were only a few songs I can say that I did enjoy, but most of the others really didn't strike a chord in me. The album is good when you compare it to other releases, but it is not even close to being what they're capable of.

I'd give it a 5.5/10...
^ Sorry to sound pedantic, ContrivedN, but I have to wonder what this means - translated from what to what ?!