Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #14661 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Man Bites Dog

Watched this on a spur-of-the-moment the other day. Like Cannibal Holocaust with a black sense of humor. Best thing about it has to be that, even though it was absurd and tongue-in-cheek, it was still a brilliant look into the persona of a sociopath: charming and charismatic 90% of the time, even when he's doing terrible things, but as time goes on, he slowly becomes more and more manipulative. And when something doesn't go his way, all of a sudden his nice guy act stops. Usually a movie about someone like this spends all its time making them look like a creepy monster, and while this one did as well, it's lighter side made him seem a likable and fun guy to be around at the exact same time... you know, unless you're black. Can't say that I loved the movie, but it was definitely a fun watch.

P.S. Thank god for anime subs. If nothing else, they've trained me to be able to watch subtitled movies and not look like a dumb American.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 11-18-2014 at 09:10 AM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote