Music Banter - View Single Post - Easing off metal and listening to rock now.
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
HellCell
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
This will help me out big time with giving you recs for bands to check out. I've got a decent amount to send your way.

Both good bands, and I don't believe in that whole thing that there are no good Chrisrian Rock or Metal bands out there, just because they're Christian and what they stand for; that's just dumb. TFK has plenty of good music, but my favorite Christian band would be Demon Hunter, used to be Skillet but the music they've put out recently is just too safe sounding. I also listen to a band called RED, you could call them a more palatable Linkin Park. And don't forget the veteran Christian group Stryper from the 80's, heck, Petra even.
Wow, you're opinion is startlingly similar to mine! Usually there's a margin of error even between similar minded opinions, but you almost got it picture perfect with how I think.

Demon Hunter is fantastic! They are really good, but as far as favorites it's too soon to decide. Skillet does sound safe and pop rockish, I could never rate a song more than 3 from them.
I know Red and it's like a cross between Breaking Benjamin and Linkin Park. Moreso Breakin Benjamin which is good, cause for some reason Linkin Park's songs get stale kinda fast—Case in point when I first listened to Linkin Park around 2005, I gave each a rating 4 to 5. Now most of them dropped to 2 and 3, but the best ones retained a 4 (or rather mildly degraded from 5).
As for the 80s, I'll give it a shot, but if it sounds like hair metal then I'm like nope.

I just wanna throw this song out there, my favorite so far from them.
HellCell is offline   Reply With Quote