Music Banter - View Single Post - How do you rate music? (1-5 scale)
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
HellCell
Music Addict

Default How do you rate music? (1-5 scale)

This occurred to me when I decided to Google what people define as mediocre music. The consensus being music that is there, objectively good musicianship and all, but doesn't appeal to you, but not annoying either. Passable music, a plain Jane if you will.
One even exclaimed that if you're going to make music, either make it big or make it flop. Which is a promising sentiment.

2.5 would be a typical rating for Mediocre. I noticed that some of my 3 and 3.5 fell into the Mediocre category and some the 2.5s I have are straight up bad.
The 1-2 would be more so abysmal then. I already skip 2.5s within the first 20 seconds already as it is. Some of the 3s I have, I skip once it runs through the chorus (a minute into the song typically). It's not that the song is bad, but I just know I got better songs and I want to move it along. Were it to be between the radio or a 3 star, I'll without a doubt fully listen to a 3 star.

I'm debating if I'm being too generous or too harsh with how I rate music. I would wager that I'm being to generous so I'll knock down ratings on all my songs a notch unless they are solid.
HellCell is offline   Reply With Quote