Music Banter - View Single Post - Easing off metal and listening to rock now.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
HellCell
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Truth be known, I was pretty disappointed with Release the Panic, it was like a really rushed Linkin Park album with a horrible arrangement as far as how the songs were placed on the album; extremely inconsistent, and completely lacking pretty much any of the depth of their previous albums. RED is a pretty good group for mainstream, but Release the Panic was a big let down. Thankfully, the new album they are working on sounds huge and the orchestral influence is back full force. I hope it won't let me down.
Haven't heard the full album, but that doesn't stop me from liking this particular song. I'll check it out, but I doubt I'll dislike it the way you do.

Quote:
Are you open to recs from bands back in the early 2000's as well as new bands too, mainstream?

This is one of my favorite groups from the really early 2000's, the album this song is from is a really solid record; has its nu-metal influences, but I always considered it more of a heavy hard rock album with metal tendencies. The sound quality on some of these tracks aren't too great with how they were uploaded to YouTube, but I think you can find to appreciate how thick the bass is, and how the guitarist effortlessly blends in tasteful lead with his rythmn, he's the only guitarist. The drummer is a respected guy, Mike Johnston. Excellent drummer.
  • Simon Says - Canvas
  • Simon Says - Dyslexic Smile
  • Simon Says - Dead Weight
Never really got into the grungy sound. Doesn't sound like anything special or something I haven't heard before, my opinion.
I guess I can say it sounds good in general, but the style isn't clicking with me.
HellCell is offline   Reply With Quote