Music Banter - View Single Post - Sidewinder's Top 10 Albums from Every Year (1965-)
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #58 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Another excellent year. As with 1990, a few favorites from back then have faded and made way for more recent favorites. RHCP and Primus would have been much higher on the list at the time - as Smashing Pumpkins, Mr. Bungle, and Dead Horse weren't discovered until the year after, with the rest coming in years later. It's kind of funny actually to even include RHCP - they went downhill so fast after this album, which to me was the peak of their career, and I don't find myself listening to this often if ever anymore. But I loved it that much at the time and still consider it a great album. There are lots of other great albums from 1991, I think I am letting nostalgia get the better of me with a few of these. Otherwise I might throw in later discoveries like Drive Like Jehu and...well honestly just about everything else I like from this year would be considered nostalgic. So there it is.

1. Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
2. Fugazi - Steady Diet of Nothing
3. Nirvana - Nevermind
4. Mr. Bungle - Mr. Bungle
5. Dead Horse - Peaceful Death and Pretty Flowers
6. A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
7. Pixies - Trompe le monde
8. Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
9. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
10. Slint - Spiderland