Music Banter - View Single Post - Sidewinder's Top 10 Albums from Every Year (1965-)
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #62 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Again The Beatles, The Byrds, S&G, and The Rolling Stones are well-represented. Love love love these albums. And speaking of Love, Love brings us their psychedelic garage debut. Certainly not their best album but some great stuff happening. Some will argue The Beach Boys should be higher on the list, but I have a much weaker connection to it than the albums that fall before it on the list. Even The Kinks' and the Stones' somewhat patchy albums and roughly-recorded albums. The 2007 CD re-release of The Remains with 10 bonus tracks is worth exploring - to me those 10 additional tracks are as good as the primary album.

1. Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
2. The Byrds - Fifth Dimension
3. Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence
4. The Beatles - Revolver
5. The Rolling Stones - Aftermath
6. The Kinks - Face to Face
7. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
8. The Remains - The Remains
9. Love - Love
10. Monks - Black Monk Time

Very nice job including Love and The Monks. Those are like the litmus test, I guess. I'll have to educate myself more on The Remains. I know you said you're not the biggest Dylan fan but I think Blonde on Blonde... Well, it's stupid to say it should be on YOUR list. Would very easily make mine, however. Ascension is my personal favorite record from this year.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote