Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #5644 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

An artist of any kind with whom you would have a romantic, intellectual, or just friendly date?
I'll just be a total creep about it- I have been all over Kathleen Hannah lately.

What would you do on this date?
Suck her left one. And whatever she wants.

But first, maybe prepare her a picnic during which we'd talk about whatever. I haven't seen many interviews with her so all I know about her is what I've heard in her totally rad songs.

Most pleasant and unpleasant sensory (sight, touch, taste, sound, smell) experiences you've ever had?

Spoiler for stuff:
+Sight: I recently went to a Keith Herring exhibit and it was awesome. I always loved his style, I remember seeing his drawings everywhere in the 90s.
-Sight: Those horrifyingly gruesome pictures Fartlord keeps posting.

+Touch: I'll just be hella lame and say that a while ago I got the best weed I've ever had in my life. And now I can't find the guy who sold it to me .
-Touch: I have a strange aversion to suede-like textures. I had to pull my landlords laundry out of the dryer and he had a suede coat that just made me flip my lid.

+Taste: This is a really tough one. I had an excellent Pinot the other night but I'm gonna hafta hand it to Beachside Cafe, I've yet to have a better cup of coffee than theirs.
-Taste: Indigestion after having too many jaggerbombs.

+Sound: The opening riff to "Sun Medallion" by King Tuff makes me feel stoned when I'm straight sober
-Sound: I tried to listen to Merzbow again. Nope.

+Smell: Total cliche but the smell of rain at the beach, early in the morning...
-Smell: Someone forgot to throw out an old container of crab salad at work last weekend. I literally puked in my mouth a little.

Biggest accomplishment of the year so far?
Cut back on the drinking. A lot. Consequently, I got a new job that I like. Working with people I relate to. Not sexist, homophobic, racist, sportsjockbros. I think workin in that environment for so long might have given me brain damage.

Oh, and I just found out that in the three days I've worked at the new job we got two 5-star reviews on yelp, possibly over things I prepared. They had me working breakfast pretty much all day and that's what the reviews were for!

Biggest letdown of the year so far?
Haven't really had any. Aside from not getting that job at the restaurant in my old job's neighborhood. But I kinda dodged a bullet with that, I'd have been getting home at like 1:30 in the morning.

What are you most thankful for right this moment?
My dog, Corona. No matter where I'm at mentally she's always with me, by my side or resting in my lap, assuring me that I am loved.
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 11-23-2014 at 04:25 PM.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote