Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #9849 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
For a metal band they sound pretty average when they're pissed off.
I don't really know of another "angry" album from that time period except Killing is My Business by Megadeth. That is an angry album by a pissed off, recently fired Mustaine sure, but it is nowhere near as focused or channeled aggression as much as ..and Justice For All is. The anger of ...And Justice is not nearly as apparent beneath some of the progressive structures, but it is there. "To Live Is To Die" is a tribute to Burton, and the song flows immediately into "Dyers Eve." I've always thought of that transition as a period of somber mourning before a brick wall of angry metal playing reminds us all that none of the band members thought his death was fair. The remaining members did not want to spend the entire album talking about just that one topic, and turned their anger on other topics which is where you get most of the other tracks for that album, and their anger trigged the creation of other tracks like "Dyers Eve" where Hetfield crucifies his parents...with music. The entire album was them veting in one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
AJFA used to be my favorite Metallica album. RTL took it's place. I still really like every song on that album. Shortest Straw is the lowest point for me, but Eye of the Beholder, Blackened, Dyers Eve, Harvester of Sorrow, TLITD and the title track all honestly rank among my favorite thrash songs.
This is 1:1 what I think about this album, like, to the letter.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote