Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #21817 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Herbie Hancock, Future 2 Future

I've never really heard much about this album before, but having just recently finished his autobiography and reading about the making of this album, and how much heart and passion was put into it, I really wanted to check it out. It was seriously great. It was the perfect mix between cheesy hip hop retro-isms like over the top record scratching and electro beats, and truly amazing throwback jazz to Herbie's funkier days (ala Headhunters or Thrust). It was clear he worked incredibly hard on this album, pulling in a lot of different musicians and experimenting a ton. I really enjoyed it.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus

I decided on a whim that I wanted to listen to everything Nick Cave has ever dones, so I'm going backwards through his work with The Bad Seeds right now. I really loved this album. The way he used a choir on all of these crazy, perverse rock n roll tracks was perfect. It's dirty, it's grimy, and it's heavenly. Great album.

I've been listening to a lot of Sun Ra, Shabazz Palaces, George Clinton, and other "black people in space" music. This album, though not really my favorite, definitely hit the spot and helped me continue my recent theme. It's old school hip hop mixed with old school electro. It's super fun and funky and ridiculous, and that's just fine with me.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote