Music Banter - View Single Post - Battle Of Classic Rock
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #72 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Led Zeppelin I was 6 in the UK, and 10 in the US.

Led Zeppelin II made number one, but that was mostly from word of mouth following their debut, they had zero airplay at that time.

You dont know anything about the facts.
that was my bad, i meant to say that zeppelins first album shot to the top 10 within 2 months, and their second album went to #1 in two months, and that is fact. Either way you look at it, how could everyone be critical of it when it shoots to top 10 that quick. Here's my real point: why should I have to search an independant record store and listen to local college radio to hear good music, simply for the sake of saying that i heard a good modern song? It its good music, it will make the mainstream radio, as did zeppelin with their very first album. I dont feel like looking high and low for some good music solely for the sake of it being new and good. Its been my observation that the rock and roll legends of the past all had their songs playin on the major radio stations, their albums were in stores where you could readily buy them, not in some hole in the wall independent record store. Havent you ever heard of gettin the lead out? That term refers to the countless rock stations that back in the 70s would play back to back zeppelin tracks for an hour or whatever, and it wasnt college radio. If your puttin out good music, your gonna make it public theres no way around it. And I'm sorry the modern rock that you hear on rock stations sucks, but thats not my fault. Here's one more fact that I totally love: Not even the release of 50 cent's get rich or die tryin could top zeppelin, their release of how the west was won took #1 on the charts selling 150,000 copies while 50 cents crap took 2nd with 110,000 copies. hmmmm, if zeppelin is such a talentless ****ty group, why did that happen?
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"