Music Banter - View Single Post - What`s the point of being a musician if you only buy the songs you`re singing
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Carpe Mortem
Crusher of tiny Nords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
I doubt they're trolling. A lot of people just seem to exist that don't care enough to dig past the radio but care enough to rant blindly about how modern music sucks based off the radio. I'm guessing that's an endless cycle here...

Or they're simply not very educated on how to find the music they want to hear. It's really not that hard, actually. There is such an abundance of great music out there that I'll never here and I'm always finding more and more. My backlog at this point is never going to end.

I'd agree that the extremely popular chart topping radio stuff I tend to dislike. Not always of course. The point is that to generalize all music based off chart topping stuff that is being marketed to a certain kind of group is pretty stupid. Not everybody listens to music for quality or really cares that much. I doubt the radio is very often going to be a useful resource for someone who has an extensive musical interest. Everybody pretty much knows that.

If you would like to find good music the question you should be asking is, "What are some valuable resources I can use to help me dig and find better music that I'll enjoy?"

Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote