Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #21826 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Clark - Clark (2014)
I appreciate Clark getting some attention but it's still weird to me that Pitchfork chooses this album to give him Best New Music. There are some fine songs, but I don't think the album flows all that well and it's certainly not as engaging as some of his past work.

Himuro Yoshiteru - 7th Shape Shifting (2011)
Japanese IDM/wonky/glitch-hop.

The Beets - Let the Poison Out (2011)
Fun garage/beat.

Honey for Petzi - General Thoughts and Tastes (2011)
The best Swiss indie rock I'm aware of. A bit of math rock influence and some post-hardcore tones but "indie rock" is definitely the most appropriate label. Their previous albums were more electronic, post-rock, experimental and with few vocals, but this is much more focused than those, far more rock than electronic, and the vocals are present throughout, save for perhaps an instrumental or two (I don't recall).

Chad VanGaalen - Diaper Island (2011)
The album is as good as the album title and closing track are bad.

Loden - Burning Man Stage Hand (2011)
Third album from the wonky/glitch-hop Belgian producer otherwise known as Jolan Koks. I really love his 2010 album Buggy, and for some reason didn't find out about this follow-up until over a year later. After that he produced a Busdriver album (an instrumental version was also released), and then another of his own production with guest MCs. I wasn't interested in either of those, but hope he'll come back with another strong one that's not MC-focused.