Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #761 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Also that Venom album came out in 1984 and not 1983.
Weird. I see different release dates for it. Metal Archives and Wikipedia say '84, but a bunch of other sources say '83. Confused.

Quote:
And the second Manowar album is probably their poorest for their very early phase as well.
You're out of your ****ing mind. Manowar's second album might just be their creative peak. After that they slowly went further and further toward self-parody. That album is one of the most epic (as in Viking-epic) records I've ever heard. The slower tempo and emphasis on heaviness, along with the fantasy atmosphere, was and is pretty unique and powerful. I always think of it being to Bathory's Hammerheart, what Conan the Barbarian is to Lord of the Rings. It might not be entirely consistent, but most Manowar albums aren't.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
It's Breaking The Chains by Dokken isn't it.
Oh, **** that! I've said it in the past, but if he puts god damn Dokken over Manowar and Mercyful Fate, I am boycotting this ****ing journal.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 11-25-2014 at 04:54 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote