Music Banter - View Single Post - Some good Jazz bands/musicians?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:15 AM   #58 (permalink)
Musician
Groupie

Actually you know what you sound like an old fart old bean who has bought a whole load of records and thinks he is a genius on Jazz masters. If you dont know, Charlie Parker was arguably the best Jazz saxophonist of all time. This is a hard fact. Here is some more published information you may want to inform yourself with. From my knowledge Buddy Freeman was the very first veteran of Tenor sax players. But Parker revolutionised Jazz and reinvented a trademark sound which is not matched by any other jazz musician. I beg to ask the question again DO YOU PLAY JAZZ YOURSELF.

'In terms of influence and impact his contribution was so great that Charles Mingus was to comment that if Bird were alive today he would think he was living in a hall of mirrors. Bird's talent is compared almost without argument to such legendary musicians as Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington, and his reputation and legend as one of the best saxophonists is such that some critics say he was unsurpassable.'

Honestly old people think they know everything but you know they dont. I havent been in the world that long....but i know my music in terms of emotional quality and Intellligent musicianship and Charlie Parker is far more effective than Bud Freeman ever was.....and i dont care which you like better.
So dont go writting on forums if you dont really know what your talking about, unless you have lived and breathed the music through your soul.
Musician is offline   Reply With Quote