Music Banter - View Single Post - Ferguson
Thread: Ferguson
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Several police stations across the nation are installing body cameras as a result of Ferguson. I haven't gone through all of the evidence yet, but I'm about halfway through and it looks like Wilson was justified albeit that he used excessive force on everything but the first shot. However, I think the heat of the moment kept him from pulling mace or a tazer instead of his gun, which he already had in hand. If I still have the same opinion when I'm done, at least the media hype is resulting in some good.

Ja ja I know I'm racist, you don't have to say it Soulflower.
He wasn't carrying mace or a taser if I remember correctly from reading his testimony. I agree with you though, his reaction was excessive, but the entire encounter lasted about 60 seconds. It was an unfortunate case of succumbing to the heat of the moment. Is that excusable? No. Nor does it mean the race issue is not still present. But there is nothing to justify criminal charges based on the evidence.

Also re: the gun not firing initially - in his testimony he said Michael's hand wrapped around the barrel of the gun as well as his own hand, so he physically could not pull the trigger, even though his finger was on it and he intended to shoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote