Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #220 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Epicloud

I can't even begin to count the amount of times this album has gotten played. When it was announced, just the name alone already had me hooked, I mean it combines Epic and Loud, how can it not be great??!

Of course, as it was leading more toward it's release, we had tracks being released on Youtube and teasers and such, and obviously those will just hold your excitement for so long, and it's impossible to judge an album by the few singles that are released before it's release, though some people like to judge it based on one song they hear, which never made much sense to me.

Anyway, this album is part of the Devin Townsend Project series, the fifth one to be exact, and it's got a lot of great things going for it, one being the fact that it really does a great job at sounding like it would do fantastic in a large open space, sort of like a heavier AOR album, but not exactly.

Devin Townsend obviously put in a lot of what he loves into this album, and it shows. Each track is better than the one before it, and it continues that tradition throughout the entire album. I can't really think of one track that I absolutely hate, granted there may be a few that I tend to skip over, more for the fact that it may not fit the mood i'm in at the time of listening, but that always changes since you get a mix of fast and slow in this album, so it's hard to go through it with feeling one way.

Some of the finest tracks on the album are as follows:

Spoiler for videos:

As I said, it's very hard to choose one or two tracks that really show what this album is capable of, so I chose three, ha!

Anyway, this album also comes with a more updated version of the song Kingdom, and it's sooooo much better than the original, not that the original is bad by any means:

By far one of Devin's finest works, and one I will come back to day after day and still feel that awesome feeling of "wow, this album is simply perfect."
Watch for a serious review of this in my main journal very soon.