Music Banter - View Single Post - Icon vs Legend (subjective or objective terms?) Which one is more enduring?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #204 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
If this is your opinion that is fine

However

Urban I think you should take a look in the mirror because you seem to think you have this superiority above others and you come off snobbish and immature yourself in discussions at times.

You came off very snobbish in this discussion which is why I expressed my opinion the way I did. I did not cuss you out or disrespect you but I am tired of this snobbish attitude and people seem afraid to point this out to you but I am not.

I have ignored it in the past but since you wanted to bring this up I thought I point this out to you as well.

You also could do a better job in moderating the forums and maybe getting a better administration because the trolling and member attacks are appalling on this site.

I have endured it all and I am tired of it.

So are a lot of other members.
More rhetoric

How is comparing Janet Jackson with Cyndi Lauper snobbish?

How is pointing out there's a difference between an iconic moment and an iconic career snobbish?

How is asking you to address these points instead of labelling people or trying to discredit them before you even get to those points snobbish?

I'd very much like to see these parts you think are snobbish because I don't see any. And if I have done it I think I've done it a whole lot less than you have towards me.

At no point have I belittled you or your opinion, all I have said is 'I think you're wrong about this because of this....' which is the whole point of debate isn't it?

At no point have I tried to pass off my opinion as fact,

At no point have I tried to insult you,

I have been patient and polite to you the whole time and all I have tried to do have a civil debate with you about a subject I enjoy talking about. But the whole way through this I have had to deal with constant attacks from you about my character and my motives and you trying to paint me as some kind of troll that's victimising you while you ignore every point I make. And every time you did it I brushed it off and tried to stick to the topic in hand and hoped you'd actually get around to attempting to counter my points.

As for the moderating, I'm just one of many. People here want this place loosely moderated so that's what they get. If it was up to me I would moderate this place more strictly, but it isn't it's for the members to decide.

In my experience everybody says wants tougher moderation until the moment that they become the recipient of that new enforced moderation... then we suddenly become Nazi mods with no sense of humour. If you feel someone has crossed the line there's a report post button if someone is being abusive, but just let me remind you, it's not there because someone won't hold your opinion as truth.

And I would like to warn you I have zero interest in political threads in the lounge and never visit them so if you're being abused in those threads I wouldn't have seen it. So please don't blame me for that.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote