Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Star Wars Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
When I saw the goofy, black, stormtrooper dude jump up at the beginning, I thought, "**** you, Ki, this is a fan parody!" Awesome preview, but I still don't know what was up with the goofy, black, stormtrooper dude.
I wasn't entirely sure about that either, didn't really seem to have any relevance to the rest of the trailer.

Quote:
And I don't know why they have to go back to Tatooine for the, what, fifth time? It's a sci fi movie that spans an entire galaxy! Stop going to the same damn, backwater planet that probably only has two Space McDonald's and a Cyber Walmart!
Perhaps for a sort of "going back to my roots" sort of thing. This will have Luke Skywalker in it, so that could have something to do with it.

Quote:
Other than that, though, I'd have to say my fav part was the X-Wings kicking up the water spray. I'm definitely tired of the overuse of CGI in the last two movies, but that looked pretty cool. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm "pumped", as the last trilogy sucked pretty much all of my enthusiasm for new Star Wars right out of me. I'm cautiously hopeful though, since Lucas isn't directing. And you really can't ruin the series any more than it already has been at this point, so bring it on. Any disappointment will just be par for the course.
I can understand where you are with this, but i'm of the opinion that the new series isn't really that bad, though I think Hayden Christensen can't act his way out of a paper bag. Still, he did the job, and did it to a decent degree.

Quote:
I realize this might sound condescending, but as a former Star Wars obsessive who used to buy used Star Wars books on eBay, I think if anyone's entitled to be arrogant on this site, then it's me. I think people who liked the new trilogy as much as the first just don't get the original trilogy the way that fan fans do. Bam. I said it.
Trust me, the original trilogies are three of the greatest movies i've ever seen. I've been a big fan of Star Wars ever since I saw the episode IV for the first time.

Quote:
Lucas also wasn't a money-grubbing doucheguitar whose ego caused him to A.) be unaware/refuse to admit his shortcomings as a director and script writer (at least for the second two original movies), and B.) lose all sense of story-telling to concentrate purely on soulless special effects.
There is a very obvious difference between the two trilogies, but I do think they tell the story as well as they can. At least we get to actually see the transformation of Anakin to Darth Vader throughout the series now, even if most people (including myself) question the actor for Anakin.

Quote:
And if you can seriously put the new trilogy on par with The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, then we are not friends. Getting into all the ways that they are vastly inferior to their predecessors would take far too much time and space (sci-fi pun FTW!).
I don't think the original trilogy will be very easily down ranked by true fans. They are the originals and they remain that way, as they deserve to be. Especially since the original trilogy has the ability to have each movie be better than the one before it. Watching the trilogy all at once is quite the experience.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote