Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Star Wars Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
There is a very obvious difference between the two trilogies, but I do think they tell the story as well as they can. At least we get to actually see the transformation of Anakin to Darth Vader throughout the series now, even if most people (including myself) question the actor for Anakin.
I thought the way it was handled was so ham-fisted that I honestly can't bring myself to call it canon. I like to think that the new trilogy was a poor attempt by a director in the actual Star Wars universe to do a historical documentary. I imagine Han Solo walking out of the theater halfway through and asking for his money back while Leia looks on in embarrassment, and Luke, not wanting to sound mean, gives a political quasi-endorsement when asked by Holonet reporters.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote