Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #225 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

Honestly, I'm disappointed that I kind of put this off as long as I did. Most of that was due to the opinions of other people saying that it's not as great as an actual album, and that it just lacks the quality of a traditional Pink Floyd album. You know, people just need to get past the "bands are just hungry for money" thing and the whole "they're past their prime" deal. So what if they want to make more money, they've been successful enough in their time that i've got no problem paying for another album. Admittedly, I was on the bandwagon of "this album isn't gonna be as great as an actual release" opinion, however upon listening to it, that opinion is pretty much out the window. I wouldn't necessarily say I love this album, as I haven't heard it in it's entirety, but i've heard about 80% of it, it's still very good, and definitely not the worst one they've released, not even close. It's got a lot of fantastic tracks on it, and it really has that "i could sit in my bedroom for hours and light some incense" feel to it. Ambiance is the word I was looking for, I guess. Either way, don't let people's negative opinions get in the way of you giving this album at least one listen. I'm happy to have heard this, and will probably get more listens out of it in the near future.
It's definitely worth listening to to form your own opinion on it. Tbh, them being old or in it for the money means nothing to me. It's just a boring album to me. It does have it's good moments but those are far and few in between and the moments are too short to listen to a bunch of lame new age **** to get to them.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote