Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey you ! WHAT DO YOU PREFER ? WHAT STYLE DOES FIT YOU ?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #48 (permalink)
Amedeo MCh
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Touchy touchy!
It's well-known internet manners that you do not shout (ie use caps) and it is frowned upon. If you can't take some friendly banter, look at the title of the forum. You're kind of stuck, y'know? If you want people to take you seriously try, as GD said, thinking about your threads rather than post questions that have been asked, and answered, thousands of times already. Do something original.

And as for focussing on one aspect, isn't that just what you're doing, going on and on about my comment (which was humorous but still meant to advise you that you could annoy people) and ignoring all other aspects of your own thread? Also, remember that a mod here backed up what I said and you just snapped at him, so I guess you don't take advice, criticism or any sort of comment you see as negative all that well. As Ki said, welcome to the internet.

If you bothered to check my post count, you will see I've been here a lot more than you, and while this does not of course make my opinion any more valid than yours, it does give me a certain standing, so that if I say something people here know I'm not just trying to cause trouble. If you knew me, you would realise that is far from what I do. I don't have minions (what is this, Despicable Me?) but I do have friends here who are trying to tell you that what I said was correct. Sure, it was not the best way to respond to your thread but neither would be I THINK THIS SORT OF MUSIC IS THE KIND I LIKE!!!!!!! (You also seem to be fond of the overuse of exclamation marks, see another of your threads).

Nobody likes to be shouted at, and whether you like it or not, caps on all the time is considered shouting. Now, you could of course have done that by accident and we know that once a thread title is posted it can't be changed, except by a mod, but you could have said something like sorry or my bad and there would have been no problem. Instead you launched into an attack, first on me and then on anyone who agreed with me, which is a great way to make friends and establish yourself in a new forum.

Why not accept you were wrong, I'll accept it may have been a mistake, tempers rose (well mine didn't but you know...), things were said. Now draw a line under it, discuss your topic if you want and leave it at that. I'm programmed to be very busy and have far more to do than trade insults and jibes with someone I don't know, and to be honest, going on our initial encounter, don't really wish to know.

Enjoy your thread, and try to remember, drawing attention to the threads you make by throwing in exclamation marks, using caps and shouting "Hey you!" (also kinda rude really, considering you know nobody here) is not the best way to start. Ideally, a quick post in the "Introductions" subforum would be the way to go, then maybe check out our guide to newbies here. It may help.

Peace.
Actually, I haven`t read all that thing because it`s not necessary. Let`s sum up : if you don`t wanna be serious, then don`t comment. Nobody pushed you to do it And I don`t know you so it would be better for me too Actually, as you say, making jokes on a stranger`s thread is far more friendlier than adressing to a community in familial terms I got it . You`re so deep and logical .