Music Banter - View Single Post - how today's music exists
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeolga View Post
Thank you so far for all your comments - I know that the topic is not easy at all, but it is why we try to discuss it.

You ask the question if the money should come for doing nothing. The reality is the opposite - composer does a lot (months and months of work for writing the music, especially if there are lots of instruments/voices, finding the concert hall, publishing his own scores, lots of rehearsals with musicians, etc...) and then many people expect that after all of this work it is the composer who should pay for everything - to rent the hall, to pay each musician 500 euros minimum, to pay all musician's transportation, lodging, to give technical equipment, to pay for work of technicians, all kinds of things.

So, we don't speak about "0" budget with sleeping in the camping tent. We say that in order to have a possibility for the music to be composed and to be played even one time, it costs lots of money even in the case if composer doesn't ask to be payed himself. So, should we say that this is impossible at the beginning or there should be solutions for it? (crowdfunding is one of the solutions).
Then compose music that's more cost effective that doesn't need all that stuff.

Boo Hoo nobody is giving me money so I can play with a 200 piece orchestra.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote