Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #17264 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
There's a reason vinyl went defunct, people can argue about the better sound quality all they like the only reason it's making a comeback is out of nostalgia.

I also find it hilarious that people are paying sometimes double or triple the cost for something on vinyl as opposed to MP3 or CD. I remember the early 90s when they were selling off vinyl albums for next to nothing because nobody wanted the damn things.

There's no way I'm paying that money for something on a dead format I can only use where there's a turntable around.
Damn straight. I remember years ago seeing Meat Loaf's "Bat out of Hell" on "specially reissued vinyl", like TWICE the price it was on CD! Idiots! You live with vinyl most of your life, it ain't so rosy when you look back on it. I remember when CDs came out I gave praise to the music gods: smaller, more durable, doesn't jump when you sneeze and then carve a scratch into the vinyl that you can never really remove (not really), can store your collection in a far smaller space, can take the actual CD with you when you go out (anyone remember Discmans?)

Yeah. Vinyl was great all right.
Oh, and no way to make a selection unless you used a tape. Wonderful. Don't get me started.