Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:34 AM   #2539 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah, it's that time again. December 1, and twenty-three shopping days to the Big One! As usual, I'll be running some Christmas-themed events across my journals, though this year I'm not going to be pushing myself as hard as I have in previous years. There will be features, certainly, but it won't be anything like as frenetic as Christmas 2013, especially in The Couch Potato. I do have some things planned though, while hopefully carrying on most of my normal non-Christmas stuff.

As we get closer to the Big Day, anyone who wishes to or feels like it is welcome to drop by with a cheery message, a bottle of eggnog (or something stronger!) or even a Bah Humbug! You're all welcome here, just don't trip over the cats as you come in. And wipe your feet please, it takes a lot to keep this place clean. NO! Don't put your boots there! I only just polished --- oh well. Welcome anyway.

Sit yourself down there by the fire. What would you like to drink? Coming right up. Oh look! How nice! You got me a present. How thoughtful and entirely cliche of you! Just put it down there with the others

I just have to write a thank-you note here. Won't be a sec.

Dear Pet_Sounds

Thank you for the present of Tame Impala's “Lonerism”. Unfortunately it seems I may never get into psychedelic music. The vocals on this annoyed me and the constant wankery on the instrumentation doubly so. I know a lot of people rate this album and it has won awards, but it's just not for me. Kudos for being a one-man outfit, but I have to say I did not enjoy it. Perhaps next time a tie or a pair of gloves?

Merry Christmas to you and thanks,
Trollheart

Ah, that Pet_Sounds! Always trying to turn me on to psych! Not gonna happen my friend, but thanks for the thought anyway.

All right then, let's have a drink, shall we? Snow's really coming down hard out there. Did you lock your car? No? Hmm. This is a nice area but even so, you had better just slip out and check it. Don't want to have to go ringing a taxi on this of all days...

(Note: can someone tell me if you see the above note to Pet_Sounds in a different font? I wrote it in one, but I don't know if those who do not have the font can see it as such, or if it all just looks the same. If the latter, can anyone let me know how/if I can achieve that? Thanks.)