Music Banter - View Single Post - Backstage Pass
Thread: Backstage Pass
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

I've met and continue to meet various musicians at shows and other music related events but the only time I can recall being backstage in a dressing room, was at a performance by The Grandmothers at The Met Cafe in Providence, RI, during their 2000 tour.
I was there with a couple of friends and after the show, we hung around by the side of the stage talking to Bunk Gardner (one of the band members) as he packed up some equipment. We talked for a while as the venue emptied out until there were only the band members, a couple of bartenders and the three of us left inside the place.
One of the friends I was with casually pulled a joint out of his pocket, lit it up and passed it to me. The two bartenders didn't seem to giva a **** and as we passed the joint around, we were joined by Jimmy Carl Black and Don Preston (two more band members.)
We all stood by the side of the stage talking and toking until the joint was finished whereupon Bunk, Jimmy and Don decided to join the guitar player Sandro Olivia (who actually bore a rather striking resemblance to Frank Zappa) in their dressing room for an impromptu acoustic jam of "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)" by The Beatles.
My friends and I joined them and stood inside the doorway of the dressing room enjoying the music for several minutes until we decided it was time to bid adieu to the band and head for home.

An interesting and fun night of music for sure!

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote