Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart presents: The Showroom
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Trollheart presents: The Showroom

I began this as an idea in my main journal, but as people who read that know, I like to mix it up there and a feature run today might not be revisited for another week, month or longer. I don't like to restrict myself and I'm always having new ideas (some good!), so I prefer to stretch out my articles (sounds painful, I know!). All of which means that if you see a feature in winter that, say, looks at solo artistes you may not see it again till spring or summer. Perhaps not that bad. But perhaps. I've been known to run a section and not come back to it for a full year!

That's all well and good as far as it goes, but when I'm talking about the personal music made by people here, and who kindly allow me to review it, well, it's not good enough is it? I can't expect people to wait months for me to review their latest album (by which time they may have another one), or watch as they move, as in the post office or when you're on hold, very slowly up the queue. These people deserve a quick response, be it positive or negative, and it's unfair of me to make them wait.

So I've decided to start yet another journal (Dear God, no! --- Mods) which will feature only the personal music of those members who allow permission for me to speak about their creations. I'll try to make sure there's at least one album/EP/whatever done a week, but of course I can't promise anything. I will, however, promise to do my best to be as in-depth as I can about their material, as this is the least they deserve. No "this is great" or "this is crap" reviews; you'll all get a proper listen and a considered response.

To streamline everything, I'm moving the other reviews I have done to date --- two of Plankton's and one of YorkeDaddy's albums --- here too, and will shortly feature the second one from YorkeDaddy, after which I will continue through the list. If anyone wants to be moved up the queue just PM me. It's no trouble and I know some of you may be more eager than others, so let me know.

Of course, anyone who has not yet submitted a request or granted their permission for their music to be reviewed is free to do so, either here or by PM

And now, the original intro to this section, complete with some pretty cool cars!

We all love music here. We all listen to it, and discuss it. Some of us write about it. But there are a select few who make it, who can play and indeed write music. There's an untapped well of talent here, as anyone who takes a cursory look through the “Artists' Corner” subforum can attest to. In this section I'll be doing my best to highlight these musical members, to review their work and bring it to your attention, if you haven't heard it before. I see Pet_Sounds is already doing a similar thing in his journal, but as with The Batlord's comic book thing, I had this idea independent of him, whether you believe me or not. Pet_Sounds has anyway agreed that he has no problem with my also doing this. In addition, I have reviewed some of the work of people here prior to this, but now I want to bring it all under one umbrella section, which I like to call

Note: if for some weird reason you want to read reviews of member albums written by other people (don't know why you would, but if you do) you can check here http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...m-reviews.html.

The List

Albums shown in Green are reviewed (this does not reflect my rating of them) with links to the review. This list is done in alphabetical order, and members' "professional" name or band (or in some cases, bands) is shown in brackets. I'm also going to post links to any other reviews of member albums by me in other locations. These will be marked in a lighter green.

1blankmind (Son of Abbot)
Stuck Between the Parallels of Man and Monster

Epoch 6
(Mindprowler)
Synaptic Obsolescence
The Greendale Sessions, Volume 1

Frownland
(The Beatloads)
The Beatloads
(Wolves in Sheepskin)
Lizard of Ox
Knuckle in the Mud

Grindy
Seams and Splices

Ki
(Psychephilia)
Starboard
(#####)
Keep Me Off the Radio

Machine
Mind over Love and Body
Goodbye, Good Riddance
Candlelight Erase

Mondo Bungle
(The Peaks of Thok)
Underworld
(Ququmatz)
I Know It's the Trees
(Trouble Salad)
Rejsekammerat

Plainview
(The Deaf Aids)
The Visions Will Return
Rainbow Grey
Almanac
(The Cartridge Family)
Greed

Plankton
(Planktons Odyssey)
Krill
Whale
Rock Covers
Walk the Plank
(PRD)
Monster

Rex Shredd
(Urban Shokker)
EP One

Tristan Geoff
(General Disregard)
Disregardier

Wolfwolvereinewieselpigeon
Snake Walk

Xurtio
(Loup Garou)
Loup Garou]
(Hymnomancer)
Some Rhetoric

YorkeDaddy
(cloudcover)
Frownland
Memento
Enter Humanity
(Daydream Society)
For Now
Apathy, Always
Daze End

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-16-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote