Music Banter - View Single Post - do you know anyone that hates music?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #68 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

I think some people are turned off of music by constantly being around people that are extremely passionate and enthusiastic about music, it annoys them. My roommate and long time close friend claims to not like music, or at least not care about it, but I catch him tapping his foot and singing along all of the time. It seems more like a subconscious choice to distinguish himself from us, to not be seen as a copy cat, because most of my circle of friends are musicians and enthusiastic collectors. I think most people make subconscious decisions to distance themselves from particular cultures that they find annoying, we do it when we buy jean jackets instead of track suits, we do it when we buy Ford pickups instead of PT Cruisers, I imagine it might be something like that. He thinks rabid music fans are annoying so he distances himself from music and music culture.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote