Music Banter - View Single Post - Psy-Fi's Sights & Sounds
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

I was recently online, looking for something, and stumbled across something else I hadn't seen before. In this case, it was a video of Raquel Welch, the American actress and iconic sex symbol, outdoors and surrounded by some rather odd looking sculptures, dressed in a futuristic space bikini outfit and dancing with a couple of odd looking spacemen to some sort of tribal drum influenced dance music.

It turns out that the video was part of the opening montage to a TV special called "Raquel!" from April 26, 1970 and the sculptures in the background are from the Ruta de la Amistad public sculpture project made for the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City. I'm not sure who to credit for the music but it's every bit as weird and wonderful as the visuals...

Raquel Welch: Space-Girl Dance - YouTube

Pretty far out! But could things get any weirder? Fortunately the answer is yes!

In this next video, from the same TV special, Raquel sings a cover of "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" amid ancient Mayan ruins, surrounded by some very strange looking costumed characters followed by an entourage of dancing Mayans...

Raquel Welch Aquarius Let The Sunshine In - YouTube

Turn on, tune in and freak out! After this, I just may have to open my wallet and purchase a copy of the entire show on DVD.

She's a Brick House

Last edited by Psy-Fi; 12-06-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote