Music Banter - View Single Post - Humor
Thread: Humor
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
dire cynicism variety
kinda like real life trolling I suppose
Whenever I watch old comedies, I noticed a lot of those routines if they done on the internet would be considered "trolling." I don't know if the medium changes how humour is perceived, or people have become less tolerant of what once was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
This has been crackin me up for years, and it keeps. gettin. funnier. every. time. I. see. it.

That skit hits too close to home. I was horrible at baseball. I would do things like run to third base instead to first base. I did that at least once. And I never knew had to get rid of the bat after I hit the ball. I would carry the bat to first base and they're like "you got to get rid of it" so I laid it down carefully, and they're like "no, you got to toss it," so the next time I tossed it. But I think I tossed the bat too hard and went off flying and it hit someone right in the leg. But that was no way as embarrassing as slicing during miniature golf and having the ball hit some guy right on his cast. I was trying to ignore what happened. So the next group was approaching us and my sister says "take your shot," I said 'I did,' and she said "where is it?" I said 'it's over there see the guy with the cast on... he's has it.'

In HS, we played different sports for gym. I was sorta excited when it came time for us to play baseball. Growing up I played baseball in the streets and empty parking lots as a kid. So I was a little jazzed about it actually playing baseball on a real field. We faced the team pitcher, he was a natural choice for the phys-ed coach. I remember one time I was struggling at bat and someone decided to count how many times I fouled off the ball. It was somewhere around count #7 that I started to feel tremendous peer pressure to hit the ball foul. I even stepped of the batter's box a few times just to hit junk balls foul. They were running bets on the sideline. Eventually I pop out to shortstop, and I remember that being a real disappointment for a few of the guys. I realized I shouldn't had succumbed to peer pressure taken a walk. My friend was like "don't worry about it you didn't strike out like some of the guys on the baseball team."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote