Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #12626 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I first heard of Godspeed You ! Black Emperor in the days of Pedestrian´s album club but it´s taken me until recently to follow up on her recommendation.
Just been listening to Dead Flag Blues and Providence. It´s the perfect music to hear while you are working: subtle, sinister and subversive:-

My humble verdict on some recent clips: I´ve put them in a spoiler because they all seem to be negative and I wouldn´t like my personal opinion to detract someone else´s enjoyment.

Spoiler for nothing but picky criticisms:
Next time I´m suffering from caffeine-induced jitters I might come back and play Frownland´s again.
Sorry, Neff Anselmo , but I´ve never liked that kind of noisy, angry music (with the exception of Beefheart, of course).
Chula´s was also a bit rowdy for my delicate tastes, but I liked how it seemed to slide from one tempo/style to another.
Glad you enjoy the slide guitar, ribbons, but for me it wasn´t strong enough to dispell the sense of ennui that Harrison´s lyrics induces.
Yours was fun Briks, though I liked the clear, interesting lyrics of the verses more than the chorus that you mentioned.