Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #2545 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I think we did weather at one stage, or could have been the sun --- been so long I've forgotten --- but this time I want to take on the raw, unchallenged power of nature and look at songs about storms. Storms in the title, storms in the band name, or storms in the subject. There are a lot of them as it's a popular theme, whether used in its literal sense or as a metaphor, but this section is restricted to a certain number and so I've managed to cut it down to ten. Here they are.

Opening with one of my favourite heavy metal songs that nobody knows, this is Trespass with “Storm child”.
Spoiler for Storm child:

Then changing things completely we have a band who use storm in their name, one of Steven Wilson's many side-projects, Storm Corrosion.
Spoiler for Storm Corrosion:

Ever hear of Boy Meets Girl? Ah you have! Not remember “Waiting for a star to fall”? Well this is from the same album, a far superior track in my opinion. It's called “Stormy love”.
Spoiler for Stormy love:

Another band with storm in their name, this is Stormbringer
Spoiler for Grinder:

Back to progressive rock, with something from Mostly Autumn, the title track to their album “Storms over still water”.
Spoiler for Storms over still water:

Speaking of title tracks, here's the one from Ten's “Stormwarning”
Spoiler for Stormwarning:

And here's ol' Blue Eyes, The Chairman himself, with “Stormy weather”
Spoiler for Stormy weather:

This is one from Joseph Arthur called “Surrender to the storm”
Spoiler for Surrender to the storm:

A classic, and often misnamed blues song, this is Gary Moore singing T-Bone Burnett's “Stormy Monday”, the correct title of which is “Call it stormy Monday (but Tuesday is just as bad)” Not surprising that they cut the title short!
Spoiler for Stormy Monday:

And finish on one more classic, who doesn't know the timeless Doors song?
Spoiler for Riders on the storm: