Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #232 (permalink)
Key

inb4 "the pentagram isn't even evil". Well, whatever. We all know that this symbol is used when most people talk about Satan in some ways. Or perhaps not, but that's beside the point. Enough bands have used the pentagram for symbolism in their music, black metal bands specifically. That's what this is for, is to highlight those bands that have used it.

I'll start with the obvious one:

Cradle of Filth did a track on their Thornography album titled "Rise of the Pentagram". It starts off with what I assume is a poem written specifically for the theme of the track.

One dark afternoon
Like a shadow I flew
Through the rain that fell sick with lament
To this house of incest
For when we undressed
Blasphemies against Venus were rent
Though a sister removed
Her white body approved
The parade of my heavenly quests
Yet, all tongues are not true
Some are forked or askew
Like an uncivil serpent's at best
For ousted from Eden
I fausted all reason
Hook in mouth like Saint Peter Pan
To haunt fairy groves
And hot virgin coves
Where in the promiscuous swam
I elected lovers and rejected others
Mathistrisses that don't give a damn
But for those that still do
My deep interest grew
The rise of the true pentagram!

I mean, I wouldn't say it's incredible, or if it's really a clever way to bring up such topic, but it's not really terribly written either. Especially since the rest of the track is purely instrumental, which I seem to like quite a bit. Anyway, i'll keep this short.

We've gotten a surprise rating by Santa on this one as well.

Santa says: Ho ho! I'm not really a big fan of the topic at hand, but I can say that I really enjoy the instrumentals quite a bit. Gets the reindeer dancing and keeps Misses Claus off my back. I must learn to play this some time!!
Key is offline   Reply With Quote