Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #17338 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
**** yes, on Axis and Allies. My friend gave me his copy of the game a while back, and every once and a while I'll pull it out and play by myself (sad). It's almost as entertaining to play against yourself. You can have countries betray their allies in an ever-changing cluster **** of shifting alliances that can last for days. Like the Calvinball of Axis and Allies.

Ever played any of the other A&A games? I remember there was a new version that came with destroyers, and I think maybe artillery. I'm pretty sure they updated starting troop deployments too, like making the Atlantic fleets more historically accurate (not putting the American carriers at Pearl Harbor). There was also a rule that somehow penalized Russia or Japan if one of them attacked each other. Then there was one about D-Day. Such a good series.
My brother was mostly responsible for getting me into the strategy games, and he had a few I never got around to playing, but more than likely he had that.

And don't feel bad. I've pulled mine out and played with it by myself at times too.