Music Banter - View Single Post - Backstage Pass
Thread: Backstage Pass
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Many, many years ago (way before 9/11) we traveled to Chicago to visit my wife's family. As we're walking through Ohare lo and behold Doug and another person walk right by us in the opposite direction. This was back in the day...
Nice.

I've met a few people in passing that know some of the members of Kings X. Although I've never been a fan, and never really listened to them, I did have one guy try to convert me when I told them I'd never heard their music. I guess he was a cousin of one of the members or something similar and was very adamant about it.

Not a backstage thing, but I met Dave Murray (from Iron Maiden) while watching Duke Robillard/John Hammond Jr at Buddy Guys Legends a long time ago. I went up to the bar to get a drink, and looked to my left. Did a double take, and said (quite loudly) "You're Dave Murray!". He nodded, and I went gushing on about how I'd learned just about every lick he's ever recorded. He acknowledged my gushing, and I went off back to my table giggling and whispering to my friends "I just met Dave Murray!".