Music Banter - View Single Post - Bill Cosby - What's Your Opinion?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #131 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Again, the guy's been a known A-hole in the industry for decades:

In 1976, Cosby sucker punched Tommy Smothers at the Playboy Mansion for a perceived slight. From WMFU:

In October of 1976, Cosby and Smothers were attending the same party at The Playboy Mansion. Hoping to ease some of the tension, Tom congratulated Bill on his latest television series. What Smothers did not realize was that the show in question had been cancelled the day before. “I liked your show,” said Tom, “it was a really good effort.” Cosby didn’t respond. “He just looked at me [as if to say] ‘**** you,’ and I said, ’ Well, **** you.’ … and walked away. I’d been getting this kind of thing from him for a long time. It started when he was hosting The Tonight Show. He had this kind of dismissive way of introducing people … and I nailed him - you know, comedic oneupmanship—-and I remember he said, ‘Maybe sometime I’ll knock you upside the head one of these days,’ and I said, ‘Yeah, go ahead and try.’ A couple months later … boom … there it was. I should never have turned my back on him. He didn’t have the balls to do it when I was looking. He slipped behind Hefner and sucker-punched me. He hit me right in the head with his fist - knocked me down … and I was down there a minute or two and he was standing over me screaming at me, ‘C’mon, I’ll kick your ass,’ stuff like that. I’ve never seen him since then. I always thought, maybe if he turns around sometime I might give him a shot.”
Is Tommy the serious or silly one? Because if he is the silly one this is messed up..

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote