Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 05:46 AM   #10103 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Coming here to stir the pot with a little something...

Better than pretty much all of Linkin Park and the bands catalog. I can't stress enough that I am not an avid Linkin Park fan, I casually listen if they happen to come on my iTunes playlist from my library of music. Anyway. My opinion of Chester Bennington is clearly different from anyone here and what opinions some of you expressed of him. I think he's a talented singer, he's versatile, but not in the same way Chino Moreno is of Deftones. Grey Daze was the band Chester was the singer of before Linkin Park. It's pretty much a post grunge record with punk rock in there, I think it's a bar above Linkin Park and maybe some of you can set aside your disdain for Linkin Park and check this out and maybe even find yourself liking this on some level. Bare in mind that I do not regard Grey Daze as this awesome band, I won't play them up as being anything really great, I just think they're decent to good and worth a listen. Third song in on this album still gets me jamming, called Drag, starts at the 6:20 mark. I kind of wish Chester kept this band of his going, probably could have been something good. And yeah, you do hear a Stone Temple Pilots influence, just going to confirm that since I know it will be pointed out. Chester is a pretty big fan of that group, not sure why as I think STP are sort of mediocre, whatever...

So, there's my unpopular music opinion of the day.

CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote