Music Banter - View Single Post - if you were god
Thread: if you were god
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #64 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
they just happen to be born in the wrong country that we raped for centuries to make ourselves rich.
^this.

I'm far from a pundit on anthropology but I've seen a few documentaries and read a few books here and there that explain why western societies 'advanced' in the directions they have while Africa, the continent of human origin, stayed 'behind'. There are of course examples that contradict that notion. That scene from that play I can't remember the name of where a very righteous young African American woman quips about how ancient Africans were performing surgeries while Europe was still "tattooing blue dragons!" comes to mind. But basically technology evolved from necessity. When humans migrated from Africa to Europe they were faced with completely different struggles (climate is a huge example) that forced them to alternate from living in small huts and hunting to primitive agriculture and more complex sedentary living. You can't exactly just go out foraging for berries when it's snowing all over the damned place. You'd have to set some **** aside. And those little huts and campfires ain't exactly gonna cut anymore either.

EDIT:

I have no idea what my point behind all that was but oh well, it's the truth.
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 12-05-2014 at 09:47 PM.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote